The following steps can be performed to create a stub service based on the service contract downloaded and compiled in Add a New Proxy via URL:
- Select the menu option Show Hosting Window on the Host menu. This will bring up a non-modal dialog that can be used to manage stubbed services.
- Select the Add Service Contract menu option on the Host menu of the Hosting Window:
- In the dialog, enter in a unique name for the service, select a service contract, and provide an address for the service:
- Next, click Create Stub to generate an implementation of the service contract:
- This will generate a metadata enabled service endpoint at the address specified. Click the Start button to create and open the host:
- If the TestHost.exe is currently running, you will get a failure as the Uri has already been allocated:
- Stop the TestHost by pressing return in the consol application window:
- Click the Start button again. The host is now running...
Tue, Dec 9 2008 12:03 PM