DevDays wildcard proposals and voting
Because it’s not clear to anyone, I want to state that you don’t have to actually be a visitor of the DevDays to be able to vote on the sessions. The only thing you need to do is register for an account, verify your email address by clicking on the link in the email you receive and you’re allowed to vote. Don’t forget to vote for my session.
Almost all companies use a source control repository to work in a team, but a lot of those don’t use Continuous Integration (CI) to…
- Commit code at least once a day
- Verify everything still works by running unit tests on an integration machine
- Deploy databases and set up test databases for integration tests
- Create deployment packages for test, acceptance and production environments
- Be able to verify what the status of the project is
- Deploy any day, any time
That’s what I want to explain and show during the developer days. If you want to know more about this, vote for my session.
Dennis Doomen will also be able to present you with a great presentation on Test-Driven Development and SOLID principles by Robert C. Martin (Uncle Bob) if you vote for him too.
On a site note, it’s funny how I sometimes see the ranking of both sessions drop. Some people seem to vote on a friend or colleague and give a thumb down on my and Dennis Doomen his session. Although it might be tempting to make all our thumb up voters also give a thumb down to all other sessions, it’s also a pretty sad. So giving me the thumb up will do, thank you. :-)