Sunday morning, ready to write a new post, wondering what all this tagging business is about. I shouldn't have looked, not be so curious, then I would never noticed that Pascal tagged me, now it's too late and, I feel obliged to respond...
Curious thing this tagging, getting people to share five items of personal information... On the other hand, I now know that Patrick has become a daddy a few months ago and Erwyn an uncle, congratulations both of you. So here are my five bits of information.
1. I regularly have my nephew (age 6) over for a few days during school holidays, which I enjoy very much. Last week we build Spike together, one of the Lego Mindstorms examples, and programmed it to attack a target (Spike is a scorpion). It seems that my efforts are already paying of, as he wants to be a robot designer (although his dad being an industrial designer might have something to do with it as well).
2. To keep the other half of my brain happy, I usually take some kind of creative course. So I've learned how to make patterns for clothes, glass in lead windows and bronzes. Currently I'm taking a course in jewel making from Ralph Bakker. So far I have created two bracelets and am working on a ring.
3. Before starting my study at the Polytech (HTS) I studied history of the arts for a year at the university in Utrecht. Very interesting, but after a year my brain got bored and I decided that it would be a good idea to study for something which would enable me to earn the cheese as well as the bread.
4. I don't have a car but use public transport to get to work (or wherever else I have to go). And to make it more confusing for everyone, I do have my drivers license. I just like travelling by train; listing to my iPod, reading a book and only having to pay attention to getting out at the right station. And I've been doing this for over ten years... don't worry it's not very contagious.
5. Ok, I do have a motorbike, for fun. It's a Suzuki Savage, a 650cc one cilinder chopper... not too much power but the right sound. Last year it felt terribly neglected as I hardly took it out of the garage... I promised to make up for it this year.
And now ...as far as I could tell, these bloggers haven't been tagged yet; Rene, Rob, Stephan and Mario; good luck guys...