June CTP for Sandcastle includes VSOrcas presentation style
A new version of the Microsoft tools for generating documentation using .Net Assemblies and code is now available for download. The new CTP offers a large number of fixes (over 200 as you can see in this post), but also some new features:
- New version of the CCI reflection engine.
- New presentation style and document model code named “VSORCAS”. Please see this post for details.
- Added 2 new executables under production tools folder. They are SegregateByAssembly.exe and AggregateByNamespace.exe. These are used for building componentized assembly level HxS or CHM.
- Configure MrefBuilder to get dependencies from GAC.
- Added build.proj under Examples/Sandcastle folder. This Msbuild project file will generate chm/Hxs build from test.cs.
An update such as this usually triggers a new version of the Sandcastle Help File Builder (SHFB) tool. As I am writing this it has not emerged yet, but that is not strange as the CTP is only available since early this morning. If you're using Sandcastle together with SHFB, then wait for that to become available with the new CTP. It usually happens within 24 hours after releasing a new CTP, so just be patient.