What kind of programmer are you?
just posted a very interesting item titled Separating Programming Sheep from Non-Programming Goats
in other words about how to find out if a person has enough potential to become a good developer.
Its a very interesting read but after reading his post I just compared it to math. You either:
- get it because everything seems logical and all variations with formulas feel natural.
- you know how to use a formula in a certain context but variations will get your head spinning.
- you just don't see it and all formulas just look the same but the simple questions will be ok because you reminded them 1 on 1 in your lessons.
Translating this to software developers:
- you are a real developer and are capable of creating your own frameworks without much input.
- you know your bits and with good input the result will be good enough but not excellent (garbage in garbage out).
- you can only live as a programmer with the help of google.com and codeproject.com.
So... what kind of developer are you :-)