Subversion troubles "PROPFIND request failed on '***' '***' path not found"
I created a repository at opensvn.csie.org
today for the website I created with a friend for the volleybal club. We really needed version control because we are both working on the project at the moment plus that I really don't like all those *.old *.old2 *.old3 files hanging around :-)
So I committed the various data of the project to the subversion repository and after that wanted to branch it to identify the site that is currently live. I started the command prompt and use the svn copy action to tag the current development branch.
svn copy \
https://*/yumwebsite/branches/v0 -m "Version 0"
After running the command it failed with the following output:
svn: PROPFIND request failed on '/yumwebsite/!svn/bc/2/branches'
svn: '/yumwebsite/!svn/bc/2/branches' path not found
My first thought was that the opensvn.csie.org was at fault but quickly I realised that wasn't the case. So started googling what I was doing from. The problem was that the folder 'branches' really did not exist just as the error said
. But somehow I blocked that error message in its exact form. So after adding the branches folder the the project root the copy action ran error free. The stupid thing is that I had the same behaviour a while ago. So I decided to post this for my own convenience in case I forget it again.