Edward Smit was kind enough to think of me by including me in his 5 people to tag list, so I guess it's my turn to tell you 5 things about me that you probably didn't know.
- Since all the geek blogs talk about their first computer experience, I might as well keep up that tradition by telling you about my very first Compaq Pressario CDS 524 486DX2 66 Mhz. You know how all the kids watch the ads for all their favourite toys for hours; knowing that their dad probably wouldn't get them that toy anyway... well I sure got mine :-)
The reason I wanted to program was because I wanted to create my own Mario Brothers clone... something that is still on my todo list today.
My very first program was written in QBasic (which came for free with MS-DOS 6.11) and was typed over from a book that I borrowed from a local library (altough I can't remember what the program exactly did).
My very first real programming experience was when I created my very own 'strafwerk-generator' (for the dutchies) :-)
- My parents are originally from Pakistan, my dad used to be an electrical engineer. I guess that's where my geekiness came from.
- I am getting maried May 2nd with the love of my life.
- Just like Phil Haack I used to be a breakdancer during high-school. My favourite move also was the dreaded headspin... unfortunatly I never really learnt to master it.
- I am compared to a lot of my (ex-)colleagues (except these two guys) quite young: 24 as we speak. This kind of makes it hard for me to convince people to believe me when they look at my resumé :-)
Well not really that interesting now is it? You know what I will do for a change: stop this werid tagging game, right here, right now..! Besides, most of the people that I was going to tag have been tagged allready anyway.
ps. I am getting a few blog posts ready about programming media centre addins... stay tuned