I have generated a Webservice for a BizTalk Orchestration I have. The idea was to post an Infopath form to the web service and then have BizTalk sort out the rest and come back with a response
Everything worked fine when I tested it with WebService Studio. No problem whatsoever…. The problem was that whenever the webservice was invoked from an Infopath form pointing to the web service on the server, I got the following error after entering the location of the WSDL Data Connection Wizard :
The file is not a valid XML file
The file is not a valid XML document.
Illegal qualified name character.
Line 1, Position 2.
I found the solution to my problem. The Windows Server 2003 machine was also hosting Sharepoint Services. Even though I had configured my web services folder on the IIS Default Web to be
excluded from Sharepoint management, somehow Sharepoint was still interfering with the Infopath Data Connection Wizard. I added another Web Site on the server with a different port number and used it to serve my web services and now Infopath can connect to them via the Data Connection Wixard.